Friday, August 21
THE LORD'S PRAYER
Today, let’s follow how Jesus taught us to pray in Matthew 6:5-15.
“Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy.”
• Take a couple minutes and thank God for all the ways He has shown His fatherly love toward you.
“May your kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.”
• Pray that your desires would become His desires.
“Give us today the food we need”
• Pray that God will provide you with the necessities of life and that you can let go of the things that aren’t so necessary.
“and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us.”
• Confess your sins before God and ask him to forgive you. Pray for those who have hurt you by sinning against you. Ask God to help you heal and forgive.
“And don’t let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one.”
• You know your sin struggles, pray for God’s strength and wisdom to overcome those sins.
IF YOU HAVE YOUNGER KIDS: Break down the Lord’s Prayer into three parts:
1. Each person say something that they are thankful for that God has done for them.
2. Each person say a prayer for something they need God to do for them.
3. Give each person a piece of paper and either draw or write down something they did that was wrong. Each person then hold their piece of paper and say, “Thank you God for forgiving me.” Then tear up or wad up the piece of paper and throw it away to show that when we ask God to forgive us, He wipes it away.