We want to be the best first ministry job for you!
Hope Residency is a program designed for high capacity twenty-somethings who are navigating their next steps in ministry leadership. This challenging program creates a space for each resident to gain practical experience under the leadership of a Hope Staff Mentor.
Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
- Hope Residents are considered temporary, part-time staff members at 30 hours per week.
- Pay is $11/hour, not to exceed 30 hours per week.
- Housing may be available for single resident candidates. Email us below for more information.
- Residency is an 11-month commitment from mid-August through mid-July.
Applications for residency will be accepted year round, however, applications received by March 31 of the current year will be given first consideration of the upcoming fall class. Applications received after March 31 may still be considered for the current year’s fall class if there are positions still available. For more information or questions, please contact us below.
AREAS OF RESIDENCY
Children’s Ministry (Birth-5th grade)
Students Ministry (6-12th Grade)
Young Adults (18-mid 20’s)
Grow Ministry (Bible Studies, classes, and groups)
Connections Ministry (Volunteer Leadership)
Experience Teams (Worship, production, video)
Communications (graphic, print and web design, social media)
What is hope residency?
Hope Residency is a ministry development opportunity for high capacity young leaders who are called to vocational ministry. Over the course of 11 months, residents will be challenged to grow personally, relationally and spiritually as they gain practical experience in a ministry position working side by side with church leadership and a personal mentor.
Who is it for?
Hope Residency is for young adults generally 20 years or older who are called to full time vocational ministry.
Some great candidates for residency include:
- Someone who has completed at least two years of post high school education and is ready to gain hands on experience in ministry.
- Someone with a degree or at least three years of post high school work experience in non-ministry field who has felt called to full time ministry and is looking for a safe place to learn and experience vocational ministry.
- Someone in a transitional season who is looking for ministry experience and personal leadership development.
What to expect
- One on one mentorship within your ministry department
- Weekly leadership training and development specifically designed for the resident team
- Hands on experience and training in vocational ministry basics
- Resources including conferences, books, and trainings with high level leadership to foster growth in ministerial leadership as well as personal, relational, and spiritual growth
- Spiritual encouragement and discipleship
- Targeted insight and guided assistance in resume and interview prep with opportunities to interview with ARC churches around the country