Home Group Questions – Unstoppable: Part 3 – 4/21-4/22
Community (John's definition) = Believers in Jesus who are committed to meeting together for the purpose of advancing God's kingdom in their hearts and in the hearts of those far from God.
End goal of community - love one another.
Acts 2:42-47 (a great example of fully functioning Christian community)
- Based on the above passage, how would you define Christian community?
- Why is fully functioning Christian community so hard to achieve?
- Why is it hard for you to achieve it?
Devoted to spiritual growth together (Acts 2:42a)
Two other areas of spiritual growth that need our focus:
- Confession (James 5:16)
- Restoration (Galatians 6:1-3)
- What has been your best season of spiritual growth?
- What things were happening / were you doing during that season?
- Why do you think confession (being honest about yourself) is a great way to grow spiritually?
- Do you have someone to share your struggles and weakness with / pray with you?
Devoted to Meet Together (Acts 2:42, 46, Hebrews 10:24-25)
The early church was unstoppable because they were undistracted by their personal lives and by this world.
- What are some things you need to do to help you be more devoted to meeting with others?
- Why was John so passionate about pushing us to community? / What are the benefits of being in solid community?
Take prayer requests and have everyone pray for the person on their left!