The Art Director will serve on the communications team in a pivotal role as he/she will work directly with many departments to provide visual direction for projects. This person will have a positive, make-it-work temperament and can shoulder stressful situations while still getting the job done.
Primarily, this person will be a designer, able to work with Adobe suite, but they will also be responsible for maintaining our values so that Hope Fellowship is visually represented with excellence everywhere.
Please include links to your work or portfolio.
- Partner with all departments to create visual direction for their projects
- Inside communications, review, coach, and approve design concepts before returning them to a department
- Consulting and creating visual direction within the communication team
- Lead the design team in weekly meetings and assign tasks through Project Director
- Responsible for visual direction for sermon series, holiday, and conference art, and their timelines
- Work directly with print vendors to create mailers, ads, etc.
- Maintain the visual branding standards at Hope for all departments
- Create and lead a volunteer team of designers, vendors, and other outsourced help
- Create space in your schedule to be inspired
- Create multiple designs for different departments each day without getting fatigued
- To stay up to date on current design trends within our demographics
- Support church environmental design for walls, decor, sets, etc.
Personality and Ethic/Chemistry
- Able to create to the task, always thinking of the target audience
- Generally positive and fun to be around
- Must be able to humbly accept feedback without taking it personally
- A life-long learner who recognizes there’s always something that can be improved in themselves or their skillset
- Patient in stressful situations, keeping a cool head to get the job done.
- Likes structure for productivity, but can also manage in chaos with a smile.
- Leads with a “yes” and figures out the best route to get the job done.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in design
- Knowledge of Adobe suite, particularly Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Art Degree in relevant field is a plus, but experience is king
- Up to date on current design trends and direction
- On-site only, no remote work.
- Can create from scratch on a tight deadline.
- You’re good with people and patient with them
- You love a good job description, but understand that church-work is a team sport.