CHILD BAPTISM INFORMATION
For children 5 years old – 5th graders. Below is a brief outline of how the salvation message is taught during weekend services in Hope Kids. We’ve provided this to help you talk to your child about salvation and baptism. If you are satisfied that they are ready for baptism, sign them up for our next baptism service.
ASKING JESUS TO BE YOUR SAVIOR IS AS EASY AS A, B, C.
Believe: I believe that God sent Jesus to live a perfect life and die on the cross to pay the punishment for my sin. Jesus rose again and now lives in heaven seated at the right hand of God. I believe that only because of what Jesus did, I can now be forgiven for my sins and will live in heaven with God and Jesus someday. (John 3:16, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, Acts 4:12)
Choose: Jesus does not force anyone to ask for forgiveness. I must ask Jesus to be my Savior. I choose to ask Jesus to be my Savior and Lord of my life, and I thank Him for the forgiveness I have through what He did on the cross for me. (Romans 10:9-10)
A short prayer you can lead your child in praying if they would like to ask Jesus to be their Savior:
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and I am sorry for all of the times I have sinned. Thank you for sending your Son Jesus to die on the cross for my sins, and I believe that only because of what He did can I be forgiven of my sins. Jesus I thank you for what you did for me, and I ask you to be my Savior and Lord of my life. Thank you that I am now forgiven and that I will one day live with You in heaven. Amen.
THE NEXT STEP AFTER SALVATION IS BAPTISM.
The following are questions you can ask your child to help determine if they are ready to be baptized. After each question are some appropriate answers you might hear from your child in response. (Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 1:4-5, Acts 8:36-38).
Why do you want to be baptized?
- I want to show everyone that I love God.
- I want to show everyone that I am trusting Jesus for salvation.
- I want to follow Jesus and please God.
How do you know that you are saved and Jesus is your Savior?
- Because I know that I’m a sinner (Admit), I believe Jesus died for my sins and rose again (Believe), and I asked Jesus to be my Savior and Lord of my life (Choose).
- God said that whoever believes in Jesus will have eternal life.
When did Jesus save you?
- I admitted I was a sinner and asked for forgiveness when I was…
- When I asked Jesus to forgive my sins and I turned from them.
What does baptism mean or show?
- That Jesus is my Savior.
- That I have been forgiven for my sins.
- It symbolizes Jesus’ death and resurrection.